About Me

My photo
Grant, Florida, United States
I have been in the technology industry for almost 10 years always jumping at the opportunity to learn something new. I founded the Space Coast SQL Users Group to keep me from getting obsolete. When I am not in “Tech-Mode” I love spending time with my family golfing, bowling, boating, fishing, scuba diving, motorcycling and whatever else we come up with.

Friday, June 5, 2009

MySQL

I have been putting off getting to know MySQL for sometime.....had to finally go there. Found it easiest to download the management tool from: http://www.mysql.com/
then I had to adjust the credentials on the server to allow access. Added a myself and gave myself necessary permissions to access the DB. I found this better then working directly on the server like you would work with SSMS. Querying was similar to MSSQL, just extremely scaled down.

No comments: